The Advanced Development Soccer League ADSL Mission Statement:
The ADSL is focused on creating and maintaining an environment that allows the best opportunity for younger players to develop their soccer skills. The League is based on the belief that tracking scores and standings do not enhance development and hence will not be recorded.
Each club must have one main point of contact for all information.
Rules and Procedures:
The ADSL is set up to ensure proper player development. The League is based on a Club system where each Club has one vote on any governing issue. The Directors of Coaching or a similar person should be considered for this position.
The ADSL shall be sanctioned through US Club Soccer and all players and staff shall be carded as such.
Level of Competition:
Depending on the number of Clubs and the number of teams from each the Board of Directors will meet to determine the proper ranking of teams and the ability of teams to have competitive games. With a final goal of holding competitive games, the Board of Directors has the ability to set divisions of play so that teams will play similar type teams as often as possible, with the additional goal of not having any lopsided games.
• Fields: Each Club must provide sufficient fields in the best condition possible for play.
U10 Fields: Width minimum 35 to maximum 45 yards. Length minimum 55 to maximum 65 yards. Recommend 45 x 65.
Note: The U10 field will be marked with a Build-Out-Line in each half of the field. These lines are marked with a broken line and are equidistant between the penalty area and the halfway line.
U11-U12 Field Dimensions: Width minimum 45 to maximum 55 yards. Length minimum 70 to maximum 80 yards. Recommend 55 x 80.
• Goal Sizes:
U10 Goals: 6.5 x 18.5 feet
U11-U12 Goals: 7 x 21 feet
• Ball Size: U10-U12 - Size #4
• U10 will play 7 v 7 and U11-U12 will play 9 v 9.
• Goal Kicks
-U11 & U12 The defending players are able to enter the penalty area after the ball is touched by another attacking player.
U10 - Defending team players are not permitted inside the build out line until after the goal kick has been taken and then touched by the first attacking player. Anyone can play the ball if the ball is played beyond the build out line.
No Heading for age groups U9, U10 and U11 teams. U12 teams are allowed to head the ball. Any U11 team playing up against U12, teams should be strongly encouraged NOT to head the ball.
If INTENTIONAL contact between the ball and the head of a player occurs, play is stopped. The proper restart is an indirect free kick to the opposing team from the spot of the infringement. If the infringement occurs in the goal area, the restart should be on the goal area line parallel to the goal line at the point nearest the where the infringement occurred. Play should NOT be stoped if inadvertent contact between a player and their head occurs. Play should only be stopped if there is concern for the safety of the player.
* Punting in U10 & U9 Age Groups
Punting is not allowed in U9 & U10 age groups.. This includes all forms of punting including drop kicks as well as bouncing the ball and then volleying it. If the infraction occurs the ball will be given back to the GK to restart the play.
U9, U10, U11, & U12 matches shall consist of two 30 minute halves.
• All players must wear shin guards.
• No jewelry of any kind may be worn.
• As a safety precaution, referees will use their own discretion as to whether to allow any player wearing any type of cast to play.
• Glasses are allowed to be used at the discretion of the referee.
• Spectators will remain on the opposite side of the field as players and coaches.
• The referee has the final say on whether to suspend, delay or terminate the match due to weather conditions.
• When thunder is heard or lightning is seen, all matches must be suspended.
• The League will contract with a referee association.
• U10 games will use a one-man referee system. (Exception- When two Richmond Kickers teams are playing each other there will not be a referee.
U11-U12 games will use a three-man system.
• Off sides will be called.
• No club linesman will be used.
• If, for whatever reason, the referees are not at a match, the Directors of Coaching will provide the best referees possible, whether it is a spectator, coach or someone else.
• All efforts must be made by the Home team to determine whether the games will be playable due to weather conditions before the opposing team has had to leave their area for the games. Each Club will use a Weather Hot Line to communicate if games are played. All visiting teams are responsible for checking the Weather Hot Line before they leave.
• In addition, each Home Club will contact the Visiting Club’s main point of contact if the games are to be canceled. This will also be done with as much advance notice as possible.
• When it is necessary to close a field, that fields’ club rep must call the designated referee assignor.
• There shall be a minimum of 9 players on U10 teams with a maximum of 15 players.
• There shall be a minimum of 10 players on U11 and U12 teams with a maximum of 15 players.
• If a home team does not show up to play a game or does not have at least six healthy players for a match, the match, if possible, will be rescheduled at the visiting team’s field.
• If a visiting team does not show up to play a game or does not have at least six healthy players for a match, the match, if possible, will be rescheduled at the home team’s field.
Codes of Conduct:
• Any player receiving a red card must sit out the remainder of that game. That player must also sit out the next League game. If it happens that the next league game is in another year or in another league, the Club will guarantee and ensure that the Player will still sit out the next league game of any kind.
• Any coach receiving a red card must leave the premises for the rest of that game. The Coach will not be able to attend the next league game as well. If it happens that the next league game is in another year or in another league, the Club will guarantee and ensure that the Coach will still sit out the next league game of any kind.
• Will be allowed on:
1. On all throw ins
2. Goal kicks
3. After an injury
4. At half time
5. When a player receives a yellow (caution) card
6. Players must exit at midfield of the coaches side